Characteristics of NKCA
The non-profit institution “Independent Kazakhstan Center of Accreditation” (further – the Center) was established on 26th of December, 2016 on the basis of the JSC “Republican Scientific and Methodological Center of Technical and vocational education and training development and Qualification Assignment” (further – JSC “RSMC”).
JSC “RSMC” was established in 2005 on the basis of the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 405 of April 29, 2005, as the “Republican Center for Confirmation and Assignment of Qualifications”, where was used the best world certification experience.
JSC “RSMC” is an accredited body that assesses the level of professional preparedness and qualification of graduates of TVET organizations. According to the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 1310 of 28th of December, 2007, the certificate of qualification granted by the Center is a state standard document.
JSC “RSMC ” is the founder of the non-profit institution “Independent Kazakhstan Accreditation Center”.
The Center is an organization that has the status of a legal entity established in the organizational and legal form of a non-governmental non-profit institution to enhance the competitiveness of educational institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan at the national and international levels through institutional, specialized accreditation and rating research procedures. The Center is a non-profit organization that does not have an income-generating objective and does not distribute the net income received among participants.
The Center carries out the following main activities:
- organizational and technical support for the implementation of procedures for institutional and specialized accreditation of educational organizations;
- the training of external experts and the creation of a database;
- organizing and conducting training seminars for academic experts, employers and students;
- creation of a database of accredited educational programs, accredited organizations of entities;
- analysis of the national quality assurance system;
- conducting a rating research in the sphere of higher, technical and professional, post-secondary education;
- monitoring the results of the evaluation of the quality of educational programs and the activities of educational organizations;
- implementation of international cooperation;
- conducting scientific research in the field of quality assurance of education, including participation in joint international research projects;
- organization and conduct of international, republican and regional conferences, seminars on the development of an independent assessment of the quality of education in Kazakhstan;
- issue of a certificate of accreditation based on a positive decision on accreditation of the organization of education.